My exclusive client, a well-established family-owned business is currently looking to appoint a Financial Controller. They have emerged from recent global events with a strong balance sheet and looking to take advantage of the current opportunities in their sector.
They are seeking a Financial Controller to lead a finance team of three and to develop and deliver detailed monthly management information, commercial insight and strategic support directly to the MD.
This newly created role will have the remit of developing and modernising all aspects of financial and management accounting across the company.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including variance and commentary.
- Creation and ongoing production of a detailed management information pack to deliver commercial insight to the Board and Operations teams
- Ensure integrity of P&L and balance sheet, including required reconciliations
- Lead budgeting and forecasting process
- High level of competency of excel & data manipulation. (Pivot Tables & VLookUp)
- Sales & margin analysis
- Fixed Assets
- VAT returns
- Cash Management
- Manage annual audit and statutory accounts preparation
- Liaise closely with audit/statutory accounts teams
- Train and guide transactional finance team of 3, including training and process/efficiency improvements.
Applicants will ideally be fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA although applicants who are not fully qualified but have previously operated at this level will also be considered as the MD considers skills, experience and personality fit to be the most important factors in the appointment.
Experience of dealing with multiple sites/cost centres and also with individual sales, stock and cash is advantageous.
You will have excellent communication and relationship building skills and a proven ability of being able to partner with non-finance budget holders, payroll and senior management. Sage accounts software experience would also be advantageous.