A reputable and well established business in Whitchurch are currently looking to appoint a Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
The business are enjoying a sustained period of growth and are also looking to expand their operation via acquisition.
- Preparing financial accounts and financial statements
- Management of full trial balance and account reconciliations
- Monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts and quarterly reconciliation
- Monthly financial reporting
- Maintaining and developing financial controls to progressively ensure 100% compliance
- Preparation of Management Accounts and Statutory accounts for new acquisitions
- Completion of HMRC VAT Returns
- Liaising with external auditors
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in financial accounting with good knowledge of accounting principles and UK GAAP
- Be ACA, ACCA qualified or part-qualified and have trained within professional practice
- Be based on site full-time and be willing to travel to other sites within the first 6 months to learn the role and about the company
- Have good working knowledge of Excel and finance systems
- Be willing to face new challenges and responsibilities and take on adhoc work as part of a busy evolving finance function