Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by our client, a large multinational organisation in the Runcorn area, as they look to appoint an ambitious, qualified Finance Manager to take responsibility for overseeing all Statutory and Group reporting, coordination of both the internal and external audits, payroll review/reporting and to support in all taxation matters for the UK Division.
Following an internal restructure, our client requires a technically competent, ideally audit trained Qualified finance professional who has a passion for improving financial controls and identifying areas of risk and improvement.
Reporting to a highly impressive Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will be expected to review existing processes, implement and drive change in line with the company guidelines. You will enjoy full support and autonomy from the senior management team, providing a highly visible resource throughout the wider business.
- Preparation of the UK Statutory accounts
- Management of the UK external audit, being the key contact, ensuring Group reporting deadlines are met.
- Management the UK internal audit, liasing with internal auditors and being responsible for managing/implementing/complying with all financial and business controls.
- Joint responsibility for all taxation reporting for the UK division including VAT
- To oversee the preparation of the UK Payroll
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year end Group reporting for the UK division.
- Management of project work, with a significant need for change this will be a large aspect of the role
- Assess and monitor the financial impacts of actions
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Support finance transformation activities in implementing improvements in systems, processes as well as organisation
- Hold professional accounting qualification, CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Excellent academic record
- Preferably demonstrate previous experience of managing and completing statutory accounts
- Demonstrate strong commercial knowledge and awareness in a busy and deadline driven environment combined with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Candidates will need to have excellent IT skills, specifically in Excel.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a technically minded Senior Finance professional to drive change and financial controls aligned with the Group’s financial vision. Candidates without a practice/audit background with strong technical experience will also be considered.
The successful candidate will enjoy full autonomy and flexibility, working on a hybrid (home/office) platform to suit individual and business requirements.