Heyland Recruitment are delighted to be assisting our client, a rapidly expanding subsidiary of a large successful, international group as they look to recruit an ambitious, qualified Finance Manager in a newly created role.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner and accountable to the Board of Directors, this role will provide exposure to all aspects of finance in the three core businesses within the expanding group, supporting them in the next stage of their development journey.
The candidate must be technically sound, adopt a continuous improvement mentality, and have an ability to communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including Site General Managers and the Executive Team.
• Effectively manage all aspects of the accounting operations within the businesses – management accounting, financial accounting and balance sheet control.
• Have a close link into the operations of the business and add value in the context of business improvement, cost control and resource management through clear and concise reporting.
• Oversee the production of the financial year end Group reporting pack and manage the interaction with the external auditors during the year end statutory audit.
• Assist the Managing Director and Finance Director with evaluations of acquisitions, internal new business developments and investment projects. This work will include financial modelling, investment appraisal, due diligence and other financial analysis.
• Involvement in annual budgeting and forecasting process.
• Support control improvement initiatives across the Group.
• A qualified accountant with a strong academic background and post qualification experience.
• Experience of manufacturing including complex stock management / production is preferred but not essential.
• Self-motivated and driven to continually improve processes and seek new challenges.
• Commercially astute, curious and enthusiastic.
• Ability and confidence to provide constructive challenge.
• Flexible with the ability to adapt to different situations.
• Comfortable visiting operational sites on an ad-hoc basis
This fantastic opportunity offers a diverse and challenging remit for a hungry finance professional and provides a platform for the successful candidate to shape and develop their role, whilst initiating and driving positive change in a high growth part of the organisation.
The role would suit an ambitious and driven finance professional who is looking for a role that combines technical accounting with operational and strategic accounting responsibilities. You will be the driving force behind this newly created venture giving the successful candidate full exposure to the senior management team.