Finance Manager/ Financial Controller
An excellent opportunity for an ambitious and energetic qualified Management Accountant to develop their career with an innovative, highly acquisitive, rapidly expanding business based on the outskirts of the Warrington area, as they look to appoint an ambitious candidate looking to progress to Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Divisional Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for accurately reporting all financial information for a main division of this large, well established group.
Main responsibilities include;
- Ownership of the monthly management accounts pack complete with commentary
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ownership of the fixed asset register with management of the moulds and intellectual property
- Management, and development of, the company’s cash flow models
- Creation of the yearly financial budget, quarterly forecasts and financial projections
- Monthly reconciliation of Invoice Discount facility
- Customer and supplier rebate management and tracking
- Analysing the impact of FX movements
- Working closely with the sales team and suppliers to ensure accurate and timely MI
- Invoice management and reporting on the trading division
- Development of sales reporting and back order management
- Reviewing finance processes to identify efficiencies
- Work closely with all functions of the business to ensure tight control of all overhead areas and finance processes
- Working closely with external auditors on statutory and internal audit reports, ensuring recommendations are implemented where appropriate
- Development of up to two junior staff members
- Adhoc reporting for senior management
This role would suit a commercially minded finance professional who brings a clear and analytical approach to the accounts department. You must demonstrate an aptitude for improving existing processes and possess the interpersonal skills to challenge senior management in a constructive/concise manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business that invests in their employees and operates a promote from within culture. The successful individual will benefit from a high calibre supportive infrastructure that will allow them to flourish within this fast-paced organisation.
Working as part of a busy, friendly and supportive business unit, the successful candidate will gain immediate exposure of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be given full autonomy to work collaboratively with all areas of the business, identifying areas of improvement and implementing / improving existing processes.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, technically competent experienced Management Accountant or Finance Manager that is looking for their 1st Financial Controller role within a fast paced business.