My exclusive client, a global leader based in Chester is currently looking to appoint a Finance Manager to oversee a small team of people and to ensure that all the daily financial transactions are recorded completely, accurately and in a controlled way. The position is also critical to ensure the pricing strategy is exercised correctly and is fully auditable. The postholder will be required to liaise with the management team to ensure an understanding of the whole business process and influence those areas which could affect the financial outcome.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monthly preparation of Management Accounts and supporting schedules
• Monthly preparation of Journals
• Review of standard reconciliations to include bank, stock, and other balance sheet accounts
• Review sales and ensure reconciliation of funds transfers are correct and cost recovery procedure is adhered to.
• Review of purchase variances and payments
• Review of contractual charges
• Review of business debtors and creditors
• Monthly attendance at pricing meetings and the production of supporting information
• Liaise with Auditors
• Ensure pricing strategy is implemented
• Ensure that the business produces high quality analysis within an acceptable timeframe
• Review of business performance
• Review of sales
Knowledge and skills
The job holder will be enthusiastic, responsible, well presented, reliable and dedicated. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to see tasks through to their conclusion meeting tight reporting deadlines.
• CIMA/ACCA Qualified or Qualified by Experience
• Experience of line management responsibilities within a financial role
• Strong communication skills with a customer focused and positive “happy to do” attitude
• Excellent Excel skills
• Self-motivated and the ability to work on own initiative
• Well organised with excellent attention to detail and a methodical and thorough approach
25 days holiday, Pension, Fully expensed car scheme, Life assurance, Medical, Hybrid home working