My client a very successful and growing local business with a global customer base is currently looking to appoint a newly qualified accountant from Practice to join them as Finance Manager.
This is a newly created position following an internal promotion during a rapid period of growth. The Finance Manager will assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly management reporting, statutory reporting, balance sheet controls and treasury for the group.
Role and Responsibilities
• Prepare monthly management accounts for group entities, including high level analysis of performance, financial position, and cashflow
• Ensure intercompany balances reconcile across the group
• Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are performed on a timely basis and appropriate provisions are made
• Reconcile the fixed asset registers monthly, and ensure accurate and up to date, review P&L monthly for potential fixed assets
• Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts
• Prepare monthly VAT returns for two entities
• Act as a key point of contact on the statutory audit, preparing audit schedules and working closely with the Financial Controller to ensure all deadlines are met
• Assist in developing the group accounting policies, ensuring compliance with accounting standards
• Manage the 12 week cash flow forecast process
• Have an active role in development of the ERP system
• Produce financial data & reports for Senior Management and other departments on request
The candidate will be a newly qualified financial accountant with strong technical skills, and demonstratable resilience with an aptitude to operate flexibly within a growing group environment.