Our client, a market leading and acquisitive Business Service provider based close to the Chorley area is looking to recruit a Qualified Finance Manager on a temporary or permanent basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller and managing a team of 5, the Finance Manager will take responsibility for providing all financial reporting for the business, monitoring cashflow and taking leadership of the finance team, whilst ensuring banking covenants and reporting guidelines are adhered to at all times.
Main responsibilities will include;
To lead, manage and motivate a team of 5 persons
• Control of treasury and purchase ledger overhead functions
• Performance management and identifying individual training requirements and implementation and delivery of training plans
• Take ownership for resolving day-to-day team issues
• Ensure team targets, service levels and key performance indicators are met, on a daily basis
• Preparation of month end management accounts for the business
• Month end journals
• Production of the month end board pack
• Balance sheet reconciliations, Rolling Cashflow forecasting
• Monthly covenant submissions
• Ensure all payments are prepared and authorized in line with company guidelines
• Control and maintain fixed asset register
• Production of quarterly vat returns
• Overseeing any Finance Department projects and process improvements
• Liaise closely with Operations and IT departments for the production of accounting information
• Finance Lead in year-end audit, accounts preparation and corporation tax packs
• Able to take day to day finance lead in absence of Financial Controller
• Ad Hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant with up to date working knowledge of reporting standards and strong organisational/analytical skills. You will ideally have trained within practice or possess a strong technical accounting background within industry.
Offering a friendly working environment and platform to develop as a finance professional, you will benefit from the guidance of a supportive and experienced Financial Controller who invests time in the development of their team.
As the company consolidates and decides strategy on their next phase of growth, the successful candidate will join the business amidst an exciting period of business change where they will be given all the tools and support to really make their mark and implement their own ideas and business practice.