Finance/ Credit Control / Accounts Receivable
I am currently recruiting for my client based in Wrexham. There is the need for someone to join the team on a temporary basis, this will initially be a contract for 3 months, after this stage reviewed and may become a little more on going. This is a varied finance/ credit control / accounts receivable position where the successful candidate can gain a great deal of experience. This may suit a candidate who is working towards their AAT qualification or looking to build on any existing admin experience.
The Accounts Receivable function is responsible for ensuring all income is accurately recorded on the accounting system and that all customer receipts are collected in accordance with the financial regulations, procedures and controls.
The Finance Assistant provides support to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor and other staff in all aspects relating to general finance duties at the University Group. This includes, period end reporting, management information and specific accounts receivable information provision.
- Control and collect all revenues falling due within agreed targets and timescales from a variety of customer groups
- Responsible for monitoring the debtor’s ledger and its subsidiaries, maintaining customer details, including accurate set-up of new customer accounts and verifying and actioning changes to existing customer information.
- Be responsible for recording all payments received and allocating against invoices on the Financial Accounting System.
- Assist in the collection of all debts due, ensuring early settlement of invoices, ensuring all enquiries aredealt with professionally and expediently. Resolve all issues arising from transactions with customers to avoid problems escalating.
- In line with procedures, collecting overdue accounts as quickly and efficiently as possible. Negotiate payment plans with customers where necessary and encourage early settlement of outstanding debt, including liaising with the appointed debt collection agencies, following up defaulting payments, including commencement of litigation.
- Arrange refunds as and when required, in line with Financial Regulations and current fees policy.
- Be responsible for raising sales invoices and credit notes for the University and its subsidiaries requested from the academic and operational departments.
- Be responsible for weekly cash collections, liaising with departments to ensure efficient process, and posting financial information to the Financial Accounting System.
- Contact all customers in accordance with procedure for the recovery of student and corporate debts, using mail merge e-mails, letters and telephoning customers where necessary. All actions to be recorded on Aged Debt worksheets along with notes on the Financial Accounting System.
- Discuss and resolve disputed invoices
- To deliver a professional accounts receivable service to all customers. Ensuring that departmental timetables are adhered to and prioritise as directed by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Deal with correspondence, telephone calls and emails arising from debtors, including monitoring shared e-mail addresses.
- To operate within the procedures relating to Accounts Receivable and make recommendations to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor as to how processes, procedures and arrangements can be continually improved
- Provide administrative support ensuring that files and records are kept up to date, accurate and in accordance with financial regulations and good practice.
- To contribute to the improvement and efficiency of the services offered
- Assist with the organisation and servicing of audits and reviews which the Finance Department are subjected to due to the specialist nature of the work undertaken. This involves explaining systems and procedures and providing relevant documentation for testing to be undertaken. To ensure the success of these audits and reviews the Finance Officer must maintain a high standard in relation to the service and administration undertaken within the role.
- Provide timely and efficient support for key central activities taking
- Ensure that all activity carried out within the office conform to financial regulations, procedures and controls.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post as may be directed by the posts line manager, including team working within the wider Finance team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services to both internal and external customers.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are keen on starting your next exciting finance role please apply to be considered for the shortlist.