Finance Business Partner
Heyland Recruitment are delighted to be exclusively partnering our client as they look for an experienced Manufacturing Finance Business Partner (German speaking) to join them on a permanent basis in a newly created role.
Reporting to the Operations Director and working closely with the factory managers, the Factory Accountant/Business Partner will challenge all areas of production, focusing on variables and driving efficiency around cost, materials, yield and wastage.
Main Responsibilities include;
- Preparation of management accounts, Analysis of product sales; analysis of manufacturing costs, indirect and direct costs.
- Working closely with the factory manager and department heads to identify areas of improvement and increase efficiency within the manufacturing process
- Performance Reporting – To manage the periodic reporting process, ensuring that the information generated is used to challenge performance and drive action. To generate ad-hoc information (normally commercial, purchasing, or operational related) to support the analysis of business performance.
- Rolling Forecast – To co-ordinate the generation of the commercial, purchasing or operational elements of the rolling forecast, and review the results to ensure they are robust and supported by sound assumptions.
- Control Environment – To review and develop the commercial and operational control systems (e.g. NPD, Promo’s, DWOR, Variances), ensuring they are adequate and are being consistently applied.
- Month End – To contribute to an efficient and robust month end process. Ensure that sales and margin balance sheet accounts are understood, and balances are justified.
- Ensuring that actual costs are recovered within reported product costs and that variances are identified, analysed for trends etc.
- Provision of detailed KPI reports for the site, review of KPI data with operations to identify performance and process improvement opportunities.
- Report on variances including year on year variance analysis
- Stock management and reporting including stock reconciliations and control of slow-moving stock.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially focused Manufacturing finance professional to make a difference to the manufacturing process, identifying areas for improvement and working with the senior managers and department heads to implement change.
The ideal candidate will be an ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified Management Accountant or equivalent who has previous experience of working within a challenging manufacturing. Experience of stock control and product costing is essential along with having the confidence to challenge senior management and drive performance. Experience of implementing Lean Manufacturing practices would also be extremely beneficial.
German fluency is essential.