I am currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join a successful specialist consultancy business near Chester. Due to continued growth you will have an opportunity to support the Financial Controller with all aspects of day to day finance and month end process. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working with the FC to produce the Month End Finance Pack
- Analysis of expenditure
- Accruals & Prepayments – preparation of journals for input to SAGE
- Managing updating and ensuring all relevant customer/supplier and project information is correct e.g. bank details contact details
- Opening and closing projects
- Liaising with credit controller and providing the following support when needed
- Processing Sales Invoices
- Updating ledger following bank payments
- Liaise with Project Managers/Financial Controller to gain all relevant information prior to raising PO’s.
- Completing all ‘checklist information’ and adding information to both ‘hard’ and electronic file e.g., Recharge, mark-up amount, client etc
- Rising PO to include all relevant information. Attaching quotes and any additional information prior to sending out to supplier as required.
- Liaising with supplier to obtain the necessary insurances.
- Managing and updating the ‘Register of Supplier Insurances’
- Logging all supplier invoices to the register
- Updating and checking all supplier invoices back to the PO Register to ensure they are billed to the agreed costs.
- Obtaining the necessary authorising signature where appropriate
- Establish ‘mark-up’ to client and advising Sales Ledger to ensure the corresponding SL invoice is raised.
- Coding and adding to SAGE once authorising signature received and adding a copy to the PL files and projects files (electronic)
- Liaising with supplier/project manager for all ‘disputed’ invoices to ensure these are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of all supplier invoices to the SAGE Purchase Ledger and obtaining copies/advising clients of disputes.
- Advising FC of all overdue payments ahead of the twice monthly payment runs
|Qualifications and Experience: