I am currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join a very successful business in Denbighshire (commutable from Denbigh, Ruthin, Corwen, Mold, Wrexham and St Asaph). Joining of the back of continued growth, this newly-created role will see you join an experienced team of 6 and support with the Finance Manager across the function.
Duties will include:
- Assist preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist with month and reporting, and production of the monthly board pack
- Raising sales invoices/certifications and allocating receipts to invoices. Resolving any sales invoice queries by liaising with internal management and customers.
- Liaising with accounts payable team
- Maintain cashbook and bank reconciliations
- Monitor and maintenance of credit insurance for new and existing customers.
- Manage retentions
- Maintenance & monitoring of the Aged Debtors
- Managing Cash collection
- Production of weekly debt reports for Finance Manager review and identify areas of risk
- Prepare and submit monthly/annual figures to the Office of National Statistics
- Assist with the preparation of year end audit file and analysis.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with finance projects and implementation of improved financial controls and procedures
- To undertake any other ad hoc project work as requested by Finance Manager
- Potential to expand into other areas and cover holidays for other team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You must be able to demonstrate strong experience achieved in a similar role
- You should be either AAT qualified or studying towards a professional accountancy qualification ACA/ACCA, CIMA
- A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise deadlines as well as manage expectations upwards.
- Ability to challenge when necessary
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to effectively advise, support and challenge senior managers.
- Disciplined and organised
- Proven ability to drive change and embrace challenges
- Candidates must be highly motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong Excel skills required including v-lookups and pivot tables.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- 21 days annual leave
- Support for any ongoing ACA, ACCA or CIMA study and professional registration costs covered.