Heyland Recruitment are working alongside this market leading specialist within the manufacturing industry as they look to recruit a Finance Assistant to join their growing Finance Team at their office in Knutsford. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller this candidate with responsible for maintaining the purchase ledger and Bank ledger, ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner whilst ensuring any invoice queries are identified with purchasing for investigation. The role holder will also make sure supplier statements are reconciled on monthly basis whilst completing weekly payment runs, month end accruals and assisting with month end processes.
- Support and assist with month end process by posting general ledgers journals and KPI reporting as per distributed timetable.
- Coding and inputting non-PO invoices, credit cards and expenses. Matching supplier invoices to PO and goods receipts.
- Analyzing goods received not invoices reporting and associated period clear down.
- Resolving supplier queries by monitoring and analyzing the reporting of queried invoices to minimize instances and establish root cause analyses.
- Monitoring, and controlling the purchase ledger email inbox, responding appropriately and deal with any escalated issues.
- Ensuring invoices are approved and paid in a timely manner. Prepare payment proposal prior to attaining Finance Manager authorization for the weekly payment run through online electronic bank transfers, i.e., Chaps, Bacs and faster payment.
- Dealing with manual and urgent payment requests and allocation of supplier payments for all suppliers.
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintenance of the existing accounts details on the system by keeping records accurate and up to date.
- Processing and reconciling the monthly company credit cards expenses and staff cash expenses and making sure these are coded correctly and in a timely manner for payments, postings, and allocation.
- Management of daily bank postings and daily cashflow forecasting from purchase ledger side (payments, direct debits, PO) for all aspects of cash reporting.
- Support in the preparation of monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts with documentary evidence and calculations to support all balances such as bank and purchase ledger reconciliation.
- Provide credit control support where required by proactive chasing overdue invoices in order to obtain an effective cash and debt collection process for a selection of accounts.
- Chasing customers for any missing remittance advice to keep unallocated cash postings.
- Assist with the year end audit and liaise with the auditor’s queries.
- Continually monitor, challenge, review and amend necessary accounting entries and methodologies to ensure that the period accounting process is continually improved and meets the needs of the business.