I am currently recruiting for my client who are based in Abergele. They are looking for an experienced finance assistant to join the team ASAP to cover a period of maternity leave. A 12 month FTC will be offered to the successful candidate. There is a great working environment when in the office however there is the added bonus of flexible home working after onboarding / training.
The successful candidate will maintain the accounting ledgers in an accurate and timely basis. Ensure all accounting processes and procedures and internal controls are adhered to. Assist in the effective and efficient operations of the business’s financial management systems.
- To manage information and compilation of records to support the Management Accounts and Financial Statements.
- To complete the required Accruals, Prepayments required for the accounts being managed.
- To ensure that reconciliations are carried out on a monthly basis to ensure accurate monthly information for the Management Accounts.
- To ensure that monthly reports are provided on a timely manner ensuring the Balance Sheet control accounts are accurate.
Group Cashbook Management
- Ensure daily receipts received in Finance are recorded and banked on a timely basis. Daily bank statements are downloaded and required information provided to people.
- Ensure all bank transaction income and expenditure is posted.
- Reconcile the Group’s bank accounts on a daily & monthly basis.
- Assist reconciliation of Group’s Procurement cards using the software and ensuring accurate coding for the management accounts and VAT returns.
- Management of group ad hoc payments through Chaps, Faster Payments and Procurement Cards.
- Reconciliation of all alternative payment methods introduced in line with new technology.
- Assist with monthly accruals for Group Bank Charges & Interest for the Management Accounts.
- Produce group monthly reconciliations for income, suspense accounts, bank balances, bank interest, bank charges and Direct Debits as required.
- Maintain details of all Group Standing Orders/Direct Debits and the dates, frequency of payments.
- Banking of cheques and cash as required.
- To ensure all Policies & procedures are maintained.
- Payment of suppliers. Production of group purchase ledger – BACS payment schedules and cheques to ensure that group creditors and suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Sundry Payments – Production of Group ad hoc payments.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are able to start a new long term 12 month contract within 1-2 weeks, please apply, interviews and start can be ASAP for the right candidate.