I am currently recruiting for my client who are based just outside Chester. They are growing and as such looking to recruit a finance assistant to join the team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will have some experience in a similar role and looking to join a successful business where they can continue to develop accountancy and finance skills. Working with a supportive team there will be plenty of opportunity to progress for the successful candidate.
Main Purpose of Role
The main purpose of this role is to update and maintain Purchase Ledgers across the whole of the group. In addition, there is a requirement to support reconciliation work and other accounting matters across the group, working in a small team supporting an expanding SME. For the person in this role, there is an opportunity to progress and to develop through study support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter invoices received correctly and accurately onto Purchase Ledger using correct nominal codes
- Ensure that all reconciled transactions have corresponding source documentation attached
- Maintain accurate supplier accounts
- Reconciliation of supplier statements received against ledger balances
- Review supplier portals to reconcile accounts and locate invoices
- Produce & manage purchase orders
- Reconciliation of Group bank accounts
- Help manage incoming Accounts-related telephone calls
- Monitor the Accounts email inbox for inbound enquiries
- Process customer receipts
- Generate customer invoices and recurring contracts.
- Manage and chase aged debt
- Any ad-hoc tasks or other finance-related work as needed
Skills/Abilities & Relevant Competencies
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Strong analysis, organisation and planning skills are required, as is the ability to listen effectively
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), so as to be able to liaise and interact with senior management, technical teams, and customers
- Ability to follow internal procedures and effectively apply methodology, standards, and best practice
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn complex concepts
- Ability to listen, empathise and gain customer confidence
- Excellent customer service skills and polite telephone manner
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Team player
If you feel like this is the role for you and would like t find out full details please apply to be considered for the shortlist.