I am currently recruiting for my client based near to Ellesmere Port who are looking to bring on board an experienced finance assistant to join the team on a fixed term contract basis of c9-12 months. The role will be focused initially on the sales ledger side with duties developing with the contract.
Outline of the job:
Working closely with the FD and finance team the successful finance assistant will be working on sales ledger for main company as well as the other 2 companies in group. The main focus will be contract sales ledger and credit control, with a view to expand the duties once this vital element is satisfied.
Main duties initially:
- Inputting contract sales applications onto the system
- Chasing certificates for submitted applications to allow an invoice to be raised
- Sending invoices to and communicating with suppliers to ensure payment documents have been received to allow payment to be made on time.
- Chasing payment for outstanding ledger balances and escalating payment issues to FD
- Reporting ‘payments due’ to FD as part of the daily cash flow forecasting process
- Maintaining accurate paper files of contract sales per contract
- Closing and balancing the sales ledger at month end
- Reporting to group FD on the sales figures each month as part of the Group Month End.
- Creating purchase ledger payment runs
- Banking purchase ledger payments
- Creating the daily cash flow forecast
- Posting cash book entries and completing month end bank reconciliation
- Balancing the purchase ledger at month end
- Management reporting on the business to feed into the Group Management Pack with opportunities to maintain fixed asset register, CIS Returns and various other finance functions.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are able to start a new role this month please apply to be considered for the shortlist and to find out full details.