I am currently recruiting for my client who are based in Tarporley. They are looking for an ambitious finance assistant to join the team on a permanent basis whilst they go through a very exciting period of growth. As part of a wider group this certainly is an interesting role with a very diverse and successful business. Reporting to the management accountant and group financial controller the successful candidate will have some finance experience and be keen to learn new skills and build on previous experience. Study support can be provided for AAT.
The role may also suit a candidate who has a number of years’ experience and looking to join a successful business for a long term career.
Based at head office near to Tarporley you will provide support for financial and project administration, ensuring all income and expenditure is processed and input onto Sage.
- Accurately following the purchase orders process to ensure suppliers invoices are matched and authorised in accordance with the delegation of authority policy
- Producing payment runs for suppliers and staff expense claims
- Preparation of sales invoices and recording them in our financial system
- Preparation of statements for suppliers, including but not limited to Retention and Construction Industry Scheme, reconciling discrepancies or errors
- Assist with the creation of financial reports on a regular basis
- Provide administration support to colleagues
- Provide assistance in the preparation for the annual audit
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
- Ensure all personnel adhere to organisational financial policies and procedures at all times
- Performing other financial or administrative duties as delegated by Project Manager or Assistant Management Accountant
The successful candidate will have
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience in a finance role
- Familiar with a wide range of computerised accounts packages
- Studying towards an accounting qualification (e.g. AAT)
- A highly experienced and competent user of MS Excel and other MS Office packages (V look ups / Pivot Tables desirable)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work with individuals from different cultures
- Proactive, willing and able to take initiative on a regular basis
- Good organisational skills with the ability to plan ahead, to work well under pressure and manage priorities to meet deadlines in a changing environment
- Flexible and willing to support others at times when particular organisational priorities take precedence
- Flexibility to change and create continuous improvement and contribute to a culture of innovation along with knowledge impact
- Ability to collaborate and form effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
This is a great opportunity for any budding finance assistant who is looking to develop their career within a successful and supportive organisation.
To find out full company details please apply to be considered for the shortlist. Interviews are due to take place week commencing 4th October.