I am currently recruiting for my client who is based in Deeside. They are looking to bring on board a permanent finance assistant to support the accounts team. The ideal candidate will likely be AAT qualified or QBE and be looking for a busy, responsible role.
Purpose of the Role: Management of the Accounts Payable and Purchase Order functions within the Finance department.
Roles and Responsibilities
Purchase Ledger management
- Monitor the accounts email inbox, dealing with items appropriately and efficiently.
- Answer calls to the accounts telephone number, dealing with queries with competence and courtesy.
- Processing purchase invoices manually against a robust checking system.
- Processing purchase invoices accurately against purchase orders, dealing with any issues in a proactive and time efficient manner.
- Be the custodian of the Vendor Record Card ensuring records are always current.
- Protect and promote the integrity of fields within the Vendor Card.
- Support a business culture of accurate and straight forward purchase order creation.
- Communicate with the business to ensure issues around purchase orders are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Engage with the Traceability and Batch Code management process with suppliers.
- Have tight control over the purchase ledger and ensure any issues are tidied up promptly.
- Prepare and manage the payment run process.
- Support the financial controller with the processing of clock cards, to enable a smooth monthly payroll process.
- Administer and track the cyclical and annual review process for suppliers.
- Review open purchase orders, ensuring the system is accurate and deal with any issues with haste.
- Review GRNI to ensure balances are appropriate and correct.
- Manage various vendor portals.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Support the financial controller with audit deliverables.
- Support the financial controller with month end tasks.
- Support the commercial team with monthly reporting analysis.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- AAT qualified preferred or QBE
- Extensive Accounts Administration, Accounts Receivable and Cash Management Experience with multi-national companies