Finance Analyst – FP & A
Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with this market leading niche services businesses within an exciting and growing sector, as they look to recruit a talented and driven FPA Analyst to join the head office function in Widnes. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and growing team within a position which offers ample opportunity for future growth and progression.
The ideal candidate will be analytically and commercially minded with excellent Excel skills and a high attention to detail, strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must as the role holder will be required optimise operational and commercial business performance by utilising financial systems to their full potential. You will work collaboratively with other teams by facilitating effective end to end processes and tracking performance and financial data to identify business risks and opportunities.
- Co-ordinate and support the monthly forecast cycle, collaborating closely with the Commercial, Procurement and Operations teams.
- Produce and publish standard Monthly Finance Review pack (Actuals & Forecast) in PowerPoint format, for presentation to SLT
- Support the annual Budget process, nurturing a culture within the Business so that the rolling monthly Financial Forecast cycles naturally transitions for the annual Budget process.
- Working with Contracts, Quality, Finance and Procurement teams to ensure that revenue and costs are aligned
- Identify and drive improvements in systems-based technology to ensure systems are “future proof”
- Maximise Power BI to allow for flexible, interactive, reporting.
- Ensure monthly update of all relevant data is uploaded to allow for live actuals v forecast reporting.
- Production of monthly business performance data reports to assist Management in the tactical management of the business.
- Production of ad-hoc reports to support business projects and initiatives
- Collaborate closely with the Finance team support each other where required, ensure that the team is respected, strong and visible within the business.
- To support the Head of FP&A and the wider business in any other tasks deemed reasonable and necessary.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
- Self-motivated and demonstrates ability to work within a team other department.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Resourcefulness and ownership of tasks, data, and process
- Good understanding of processes and interaction between teams within the same process workflow
- Clear and concise communication skills, ability to think analytically and problem solve.
- Ability to follow pre-defined steps, methods, or approaches but with the ability to modify and adapt as required.
- Confidence and awareness to quickly and openly communicate issues that require resolution.
- Strong data handling and numerical literacy.