Following a sustained period of significant growth, Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged exclusively by our client, a highly acquisitive global, multi-faceted service organisation in the Cheshire area, as they look to appoint a Qualified Divisional Reporting Accountant
Reporting to the Head Of Financial Control, the successful candidate will take full responsibility and financial control for a 100 million turnover division which may typically contain several legal entities within. This includes reporting on each business unit from transactional processing through to full p&l, balance sheet and commentary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Oversee and manage the WIP review process for the Business Units in their Division.
- Post final journals and issue draft Profit and Loss Accounts to each Business Unit, with brief comments on any unusual numbers.
- Working with the BU leaders and Divisional Management, issue final P&Ls complete with commentary.
- Compile and issue Divisional Accounts complete with commentary.
- Ensure that Balance Sheet reconciliations are performed for all legal entities within the division and understand/manage any issues which may affect the trading results.
- Perform the reconciliations of more technical Balance Sheet accounts, such as Investments, Goodwill, etc.
- Perform periodic reviews of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist the Financial Accounting team in the performance of interim audits, particularly of:
- New acquisitions
- Acquisitions being integrated onto our systems
- Entities with problematic audits in the previous year
- Prepare the Audit pack with supporting documentation for each Legal Entity within the Division. The Balance Sheet reconciliation work performed during the year should ensure the information is readily available for the audit packs and the audit is as clean as possible.
- Manage the budgeting process for each legal entity in the Division.
- Respond to any queries from the Senior Finance Team or Divisional/BU staff.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- CIMA qualified, or studying for CIMA, or be clearly qualified by experience.
- Experience in a similar role, having full oversight of P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Experience of preparing commentaries.
- Management of audit process.
- Integration of acquisitions (desirable).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good Excel skills, and experience of various accounting systems.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for additional reporting requirements and ad-hoc duties including Sales & Capex Reporting, KPI Reporting, bids and tender information.
This is another fantastic opportunity to work for a large complex organisation that prides itself on its culture and has managed to retain the identity of a friendly working environment following multiple acquisitions and integrations.
You will enjoy full flexible and support from the outset with the option of remote/home working actively encouraged.