Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with this market leading niche services businesses within an exciting and growing sector, as they look to recruit a talented and driven Data Analyst to join the head office function in Widnes. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and growing team within a position which offers ample opportunity for future growth and progression. The ideal candidate will be analytically and commercially minded with excellent Excel skills and a high attention to detail, strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must as the role holder will be required to highlight and communicate key data related information to various stakeholders across the business in order to optimise operational and commercial business performance by
- Utilising systems to their full potential.
- Providing updated and accurate data to enable proactive operational decision making and efficient invoicing.
- Facilitating effective end—to-end, collaborative process management between teams.
- Tracking performance and financial data to identify business risks and opportunities.
This is a challenging but highly rewarding role which offers opportunity for personal and professional progression whilst being responsible for the following key tasks;
- Inputting, updating and monitoring of all customer demand requests, variations and deliveries
- Ensuring that all systems contain clean, accurate and up-to-date data enabling pro-active and informed demand and supply decision-making and efficient, timely invoicing.
- To support Managers in developing and sustaining strong customer relationships.
- To support and work alongside the Managers in managing delivery to customers including resolving day-to-day issues, co-ordination of delivery plans and liaising with customers.
- Track and report daily performance identifying where preventative or reactive interventions may be required and, where necessary, escalating issues to leadership.
- Liaising and working in collaboration with other teams to ensure that all order management process steps are being followed.
- Updating of financial charge rates
- Input, cross-checking and aligning customer and supplier billing information to enable accurate invoicing and protecting cash flow.
- Working with Contracts, Quality, Finance, Transport and Procurement teams to ensure that revenue and costs are aligned.
- Focus on financial charges to ensure all recoverable sums (upstream and downstream) are monitored and invoiced
- Production of daily, weekly, and monthly contract performance data reports to assist Contract
- Production of ad-hoc reports to support business projects and initiatives.
Required Skills / Experience
- Self-motivated and demonstrates ability to work within a team and interact with other teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Tenacity and ownership of tasks, data and process
- Good understanding of processes and interaction between teams within the same process Workflow
- Clear and concise communication skills, ability to think analytically and problem solve.
- Ability to follow pre-defined steps, methods, or approaches but with the ability to modify and adapt as required.
- Confidence and awareness to quickly and openly communicate issues that require escalation for resolution.
- Strong Microsoft Excel literacy (ideally Advanced Excel standard)
- Strong data handling and numerical literacy
- IT literate including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Demonstrable and relevant experience of data handling and processing role
- Equivalent of 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above
- Awareness of contract/commercial mechanisms and obligations
- Awareness of accountancy/finance practices
- Customer Service Skills
- Good presentation skills