I am currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join an impressive and growing business. As Credit Controller you will support the Credit Control Manager to ensure debtors are kept to a minimum and all customers pay to company terms.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner for each debtor book.
- Meet cash & debtor targets.
- To forge good working relationships with internal stakeholders (sales, customer service, etc.)
- Set and agree credit limits and payment terms for new and existing accounts using online credit checking facility.
- Assist line manager in the maintenance and review of existing credit limits and terms.
- Release orders on hold in a minimum timescale, ensuring credit approved.
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales, agreeing payment terms in consultation with line manager
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity and update systems / CRM.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
- Escalate issues promptly when needed.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required and information for audit where necessary
- Issue monthly statements/letters for customer accounts
- Provide cover for other team members of credit control as requested by line manager
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Credit Control Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally the successful candidate will have experience in a company with over £10m Turnover
- Experience in previous role of Credit Controller
- Ability to build working relationships with internal stakeholders and work as a team
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills with the confidence to challenge people when disputes arise
- To be able to work under own initiative to achieve all goals and targets.
- Ability to listen carefully and negotiate with customers
- Patient with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Persistence and Determination
- Methodical and analytical with good attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus statutory plus your birthday off
- Company benefits package