I am currently recruiting for my client who are based near to Ellesmere Port. They are looking to bring onboard a credit co-ordinator on an 18 month fixed term contract basis. You will be employed by the business and receive all the same benefits such as great pension and health insurance as permanent members of staff. The company offer flexi time – so 37.5 hours to be done anytime between 7am – 7pm and also offer hybrid work after training / probation where as much as 40% of time can be spent working from home.
Main duties of the Credit Co-ordinator
Credit Risk Assessment
- Provide support for all businesses in assessing & reviewing global customers as defined by the Group Credit Policy and in line with the Credit & Risk Management policy & procedures. Ensure adherence to Political & Sovereign risk in line with Group Trade terms & understand legal and compliance sanctions after training. Obtain correct approval signatures on customer credit files in line with the Group approval matrix.
Customer Data set up and maintenance
- Ensure customer payment terms, names & addresses with ERP System billing address sites are set up and accurately maintained. Provide support during the upcoming ERP implementation to ensure customer data integrity is accurate in preparation for upload into the new SAP system, Ensure that the credit limits are maintained in line with credit policy and approval levels.
- Control supplies to customers not adhering to agreed payment criteria. Check and despatch documentation to bank in line with deadlines Documentary collections. Liaise with Bank to ensure prompt payment. Liaise with Group Treasury to ensure adherence to Group Treasury Policy. E.g. banks used meet “investment grade” criteria. Provide cover for Innospec & IPCEL collections as required.
Education and Training
- Use of credit reference agency software; ERP Testing & Project involvement for upgrades; Identification and implementation of process improvements. Professional development by attending internal seminars/events and selected external credit forums.
- Handle in-coming e-mails; Run and action Credit holds within the ERP system & Ad Hoc tasks
Reporting/Month End Tasks
- Monthly credit agency recharges and journal posting; Monthly aged debt report return on insured customers. Update and maintain current excel spreadsheets currently in use throughout the team. Provide monthly aged debt reports and overdue reports and send through to GCM for review. Review released credit holds, customer master data changes & due dates amended to ensure SOX compliance.
- Highlight any ‘Red’ compliance issues for any remediation necessary to GCM
- Support Credit Team with Ad Hoc projects.
The role would suit someone who has a few years’ experience already in a credit department with B2B collections, admin experience and also good Excel skills. The other areas of the role the successful candidate will be fully trained up on.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and keen to find out full info please apply.
Type – 18 month FTC
Location – Ellesmere Port
Salary – £21,000 – £26,000 DOE