Heyland Finance are currently assisting our client, a niche and highly successful SME service business based close to the Warrington area as they look to appoint an experienced Company Accountant/ Financial Controller. Our client has enjoyed consistent profit making over a sustained period of time which is a direct result from their numerous loyal client portfolio and deep embedded relationships.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller will take full responsibility for the day to day running of the finance function, ensuring that the company complies with all statutory reporting guidelines. You will get involved with other ad-hoc duties that may not necessarily fall under the conventional “Financial Controller” remit.
As Financial Controller your core duties will include;
- Form a close working and reporting relationship with the senior management team
- Take overall control of the company’s day to day accounting function and financial reporting
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Take ultimate responsibility for preparing and publishing Monthly Management Information
- Take ultimate responsibility for company cash management
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships, in particular with external parties such as the bank and auditors
- Prepare Monthly Management Information for review by the Managing Director
- Deliver on Tax Compliance & HMRC reporting were appropriate. Namely: VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat
- Liaise with auditors and address audit queries
- Ensure all processes are documented as Standard Operating Procedures
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA Financial Controller / Finance Manager who has previous experience of working in a hands-on SME business environment. Candidates from a service background will be of particular interest.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and stable local employer who boast a long standing and loyal client base. The successful candidate will enjoy a collaborative working environment, accompanied by a down to earth, supportive Managing Director and friendly management team .