Heyland Finance have been engaged by our client, a small and successful SME business that is amidst a significant period of business transformation as they look to appoint a qualified Finance Manager/Financial Controller to be based at their offices in North Manchester. Following a recent retirement, the successful applicant will join the business at a key stage as they embark on their next phase of growth.
As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for delivering tight financial controls to help facilitate and achieve business objectives. You will review and develop existing processes and systems to ensure robust financial controls and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Form a close working and reporting relationship with the senior management team
- Take overall control of the company’s day to day accounting function and financial reporting
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Take ultimate responsibility for preparing and publishing Monthly Management Information
- Take ultimate responsibility for company cash management
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships, in particular with external parties such as the bank and auditors
- Prepare Monthly Management Information for review by the Managing Director,
- Deliver on Tax Compliance & HMRC reporting were appropriate. Namely: VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat
- Liaise with auditors and address audit queries
As the business enters an exciting period of change, the successful candidate will join the business at a pivotal time and be given full support by the Managing Director who is keen for somebody to grow with the business long term.
The ideal candidate will be an ACA, ACCA, CIMA Finalist or Qualified Management Accountant who has previous experience of working within an SME business or subsidiary of a larger organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to join the business at a really exciting time, you will play an integral part in the future success of the business and work towards becoming Finance Director and board member.
Role: Company Accountant
Minimum Salary: £40,000
Maximum Salary: £50,000
Benefits: Pension, free parking
Qualifications: CIMA, ACCA or ACA