Commercial /Procurement Manager
I am currently supporting our client in Widnes who are currently recruiting for a Commercial /Procurement Manager to join their team.
As Commercial Manager your role is to manage the inbound supply of products to meet the demand of outbound supply, identifying any risks within the supply chain whilst maintaining profit levels per targets and budgets.
Managing the Sales & Procurement team you will work in line with targets, budgets and KPIs to ensure the continuity of supply and be accountable for any variances to budget. It is essential that you are a team player with exceptional stakeholder management skills as your role needs to work across a number of divisions, supporting both operations and transport. A well organised, unflappable and proactive individual, you will enjoy a challenging, changing environment and be used to working at pace.
Some key duties include:
- Managing a supply and demand forecast and identifying risks such as increase or downturn in volume and destocking of sites.
- Producing weekly reports showing variances against budget, identifying won and lost tonnage as well as customer trends impacting the tonnage and gate fee.
- Developing new opportunities, assist with pricing spot market and providing guidance to the team.
- Maintaining contracted supplier based and re-negotiating contracts as required whilst gaining necessary approval.
- Monitoring supply base with the team and assisting with any queries from team.
- Be in close communications with site managers to plan future supply and deal with any issues with may arise which impact supply.
- Ensure team members are keeping systems fully up to date with pricing, tickets, conversations with customers, and are operating in a fully compliant way that satisfies our duty of care.
- Communicate with our transport divisions, notifying them of upcoming work to ensure best utilisation for the fleet.
- During staff leave/absence, assist with answering calls and producing tickets.
Essentially you must have experience in a similar procurement role and be used to working in a fast paced, demanding environment. You will be dynamic, forward-thinking with exceptional communication and organisational skills. You will be confident and professional in your approach and have the ability to manage budgets and forecasts.
In return you will be welcomed in to a highly successful, established organisation and will be working amongst an impressive peer group.
Please apply for this role with your CV.
If you have any questions please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.