Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with this rapidly growing and organisation within a specialist industry sector as they look to recruit a talented Commercial Analyst into their head office Commercial Team. The Commercial Analyst will be required to support the commercial manager in producing reports to assist the senior management team with key strategic business decisions.
- To assist in the production of monthly reports focussing on client profitability, which will be used by the senior management team to make strategic decisions.
- To analyse prospect profitability using ready reckoner models to advise the sales team on selling prices per client.
- Manipulate data to provide useful information to a wide range of stakeholders.
- To respond to ad-hoc queries regarding volume, revenue and profitability figures by client.
- To produce new client rate cards, liaising with other functions in the business such as sales and operations to complete tenders and new business proposals.
- To calculate commission and bonus payments for the sales team, using agreements set at the start of the financial year and models to calculate payments in a timely fashion.
- To work with sales team members from each of the two trading companies in order to streamline processes and maximise efficiency within the team.
- Identify areas in which costs can be reduced when analysing operational processes.
- Update different types of rate cards every time there is a price increase from suppliers in a timely fashion.
- To manage client contracts and rate cards within a shared system to ensure that information can be obtained quickly and easily.
Requires skills / experience:
- Relevant experience working as an analyst/within a finance function or newly graduated from a degree in a relevant subject (Mathematics, Accounting and finance, Statistics, Economics etc.)
- Must have a high level of excel skills for manipulating data and producing useful and insightful information.
- Computer literate – good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to hit deadlines under pressure.