Following another successful year and significant growth, our client, a rapidly expanding Distribution business close to the Warrington area has a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and commercially focused Commercial Accountant to play an integral part of the strategic direction for a fast-paced organisation with an ambitious, yet achievable growth strategy.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for building strong relationships with finance and non-finance department heads, providing key financial information across the group that will influence strategic decision making.
- Provide robust financial support to manage and improve profitability across the Group
- Become a key player in helping the team transform current processes, procedures and management reporting
- Monitor and analyse trends in revenue, margin and customer profitability, recommending appropriate action plans
- Oversee preparation and interpretation of commercial KPI’s
- Pivotal contact between the Commercial team and the Finance team to ensure accuracy of revenue
- Build relationships with all departments, and work with department heads to identify projects through which commercial finance can support and add value
- Own the Group Budgeting and Rolling Forecast model
- Financial modelling of new business cases and building new revenue models
- Preparing and presenting alternative commercial options and scenarios
- Support the forecasting, budgeting and strategic decision-making processes
- Support month end process (c. 3 days per month)
- Support the business in developing an appropriate MI system to provide appropriate analysis for decision making
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified Accountant
- Detail orientated with strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-starting and able to identify value- add opportunities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills (experience of MS Power BI an advantage)
- Advanced numeracy, including ability to model scenarios and sensitivities
Following a new recent investment, the successful candidate will join the business amidst a significant period of change, offering the individual the opportunity to make a real impact on the group from day one.