We are working alongside a specialist claims management business in Warrington as they look to recruit a Claims Handler to join their growing head office function, within this role you will have the opportunity to interact with clients and have an active involvement in all processes of our operation. Working as part of a small team you will be dealing with a high volume, fast moving workload and you will have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload. You will therefore be able to utilise your skills and initiative as well as developing further skills within a friendly and supportive environment.
You will have excellent demonstrable written and verbal communication skills and a firm commitment to customer care and confidentiality. Previous experience of mis-selling (e.g PPI / PBA) or other complaint handling / drafting preferred but not essential where you can demonstrate key skills which are transferable to this role. This role is not within a call centre environment dealing exclusively with customers who have approached the business and therefor the role involves no cold calling.
- Liaising with new leads by telephone where a lead has expressed an interest in our service.
- Liaising with existing customers by telephone to explain procedure / seeking information / providing updates.
- Dealing and reviewing incoming post and updating system information / setting diary reminders accordingly
- Assessing consumer questionnaires and drafting appropriate letters (training to be given).
- Liaising and negotiating with the Financial Ombudsman Service (training to be given).
- Document generation across all areas of the business and outbound post administration.
- Updating and maintaining both manual and computerised records including spreadsheets.
- Direct and written correspondence with existing and potential new clients.
- General administration including ensuring an accurate and timely workflow of clients claims / correspondence.
- Ensuring that all work is completed to appropriate timeframes whilst at the same time also ensuring high levels of accuracy which is essential to this role.
- Adherence to client confidentiality and Data Protection Act requirements
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working within a small business environment.
- Commitment to our ethos of high quality standards of customer care.
- Commitment to equality of opportunities and health and safety regulations
- Ability to follow protocols and to operate within our Regulator’s rules.
- Excellent IT skills: Word, Excel, Web based mail (such as Gmail) and prior use of a claims / CRM system.
- Demonstrable excellent written skills with ability to draft letters to professional standards.
- Prior experience of claims management case handling/paralegal or complaints/compliance
Hours & Salary
- Flexible working pattern: 8 to 4 pm, 9 to 5 pm, 10 to 6pm (Full time 36.15 working hours)
- Opportunity to work 3 days in the office, 2 days from home per week (subject to business need)
- Annual leave: 30 days (inc Bank Holidays), plus Birthday Holiday
Please note that successful candidates and all job offers are subject to detailed references (employment and education) and DBS checks. Please ensure your CV is up to date and accurate before applying.