Heyland Recruitment have been engaged by this international manufacturing organisation as they look to recruit a Capital Accountant to join their head office finance function in Runcorn. The post holder will ensure fixed cost actuals and forecasts are owned by budget managers and are produced in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with relevant accounting standards. This is an exciting opportunity to join an instantly recognisable global brand.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Plan and coordinate the management reporting of fixed cost financial information relating to UK entities, ensuring data is complete, accurate and produced on time.
- Ensure that all fixed cost sundry invoices are raised on time in readiness to feed into the fixed cost actuals.
- Plan and coordinate the consolidation of a monthly fixed cost forecast, ensuring that the data is owned and signed off; ensure the operations forecast is understood by the Site Manager.
- Ensure delivery of the annual fixed cost budgets working with budget managers to meet targets, ensuring that the data is owned, signed off and loaded accurately into SAP.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis reports, comparing actual to budget and forecast, highlighting, and investigating all variances so that budget managers can take appropriate action.
Key skills and knowledge required:
- At least CIMA (or equivalent) part-qualified or substantial relevant on the job accounting experience.
- A good understanding of the SAP system.
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes and site integration as the role will entail being a prime finance contact for plant personnel.
- Good interpersonal skills as the role will involve a significant amount of contact with non-financial personnel
- Highly organised and focused on the accuracy of work produced.
- Good analytical skills
- Able to identify areas of improvement within the fixed cost reporting processes.