Buyer/Supply Chain Manager
I am delighted to be supporting my client in North Warrington who are looking for a Buyer/Supply Chain Manager.
As Buyer/Supply Chain Manager you are a senior negotiator for strategic negotiation and management of suppliers, couriers, payment terms and indirect escalation for contracts. Your role is to implement and manage the vendor agreements with all supplier (direct and indirect) and be responsible for cost/lead time, tracking of freight, material and currency. You will consolidate and continue to monitor the pricing of products and commercial agreements. You will be the supplier interface and support for all aspects of the business. Additionally you will be responsible for benchmarking of supplier and competitor pricing and data management of commercial codes, prices, barcodes and supplier information.
Key Result Areas include:
- Responsible for supplier, courier and indirects contracts/negotiation. National and International.
- Discussions around continuous negotiation for product, components, materials, tooling and contracts.
- Controlling and updating the CPS database.
- Creation of codes and descriptions for new product launches/updates
- Day to day interface with suppliers on a national and international level
- Meeting organiser with all relevant personnel / department’s meetings.
- Supplier validation database (A-Z) upkeep.
- Learn and develop skill in all departments to learn all aspects of the business.
- Review competitor pricing and benchmark company products.
- Prepare data on suppliers’ performance – delivery quality monthly with supply chain data.
- Review, monitor and report shipping cost & market rates & Review currency rates GBP/USD/RMB daily/weekly.
- Prepare continuous benchmarking information. This can include components, competitors pricing followed up with a report of the findings.
- Monitor and issue out freight costs.
- Monitor and issue out raw material price changes in the market.
- Management on the cost changes from each supplier i.e. logging them so we keep database on each supplier progress / order volume put into the monthly review on suppliers
- Reporting out weekly/monthly KPI’s
Establish and maintain positive relationships with people at all levels, ensuring regular communication with Product Managers, Operations, Technical and other support functions.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Essentially you must have an excellent understanding and proven ability to utilise professional procurement processes including tender, contract development, benchmarking, SLAs and risk assessments. You will be a skilled negotiator, adept at managing complex negotiations and commercially astute in doing so. You will have an excellent understanding of sourcing methodologies particularly in international globally disparate supply chain. You will ideally have demonstrable knowledge of lighting/electrical manufacturing, product development processes and supply chain management. Experience of working within Project Teams and the management of multiple projects and works streams is essential. A self-starter with integrity who can build processes, relationships and trust so can deliver without the need for excessive supervision.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-starting professional who is seeking a genuine opportunity to make a real impact by helping develop both a growing business, a brand and themselves.
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.