Business Development/Events Manager
Our client is a leading and growing organisation with an enviable brand and reputation. Due to continued growth and success, they are now looking for a Business Development/Events Manager in a newly created role.
As Business Development/Events Manager your remit is to manage lettings and promote facilities to the wider community to maximise assets to the best effect. An important middle management post, you will support many areas of the business with some typical duties including:
- Leadership & Management – To create an operating structure which facilitates a strong focus on service, excellence, delivery, and value for money. To liaise with the Head of Finance to ensure strong budgetary control and work with HR Department to ensure effective staff management. To review and help negotiate relevant contracts with appropriate SLT members.
- Business Development – Build relationships with wider, local community. Maintain a timetable to manage demand and communicate with wider team. Negotiate prices. Attract new lettings to maximise income and minimise loss. Conduct market research to establish pricing. Liaise with marketing regarding website content. Arrange annual meetings with users to discuss contracts and experiences.
- Lettings – Develop a long-term strategy for promoting lettings. Work alongside Marketing to promote and create appropriate literature. Ensure appropriate Letting Agreements are in place. Plan and oversee logistical arrangements. To meet and check in any lettings groups and ensure all Health & Safety requirements and explained and adhered to. Maintain a record of hirers including booking forms, insurance documents and VAT declarations. To develop and maintain booking system. Communicate bookings to wider team.
- Health & Safety – Determine amendments to policies and updates as required. Conduct risk assessments.
- Budgeting & Finance – Work with Head of Finance to produce reports of financial results. Provide income projections. Resolve credit control issues.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with experience of managing lettings and meeting revenue generation targets. Proven experience of continuous improvement in work-based processes and procedures with significant experience of managing staff. Experience of successfully developing partnership working with key stakeholders both internally and externally. Production and realisation of development plans. Experience of managing budgets. Experience of contract management and dealing with variations. Excellent communication, organisational, commercial and management skills. Project management and negotiation. Energetic, committed, and positive. Innovative, strategic thinker, common sense, and initiative. Flexible and adaptable.
In return, you will be welcomed in to a vibrant community with a strong sense of teamwork. It is a busy, fast paced environment that is set in beautiful surroundings; staff value working in a caring community and enjoy many exceptional benefits.
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions, please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.