Back Office/Payroll Assistant
I am currently recruiting for my client who are based Chester. The role is part time (22.5 hrs / week) and to be completed Tuesday – Thursday. The position is to cover a period of maternity leave, starting ASAP and will run for 9 months initially.
My client provides payroll and back office services to both start-up and established recruitment agency clients. They are looking for a Back Office/Payroll Assistant to join our busy, dedicated team. The candidate must be versatile and able to undertake admin tasks to the highest degree of accuracy within tight deadlines. Full training will be provided.
The main duties will include:
- Dealing with general payroll and admin queries on a day to day basis, both on the phone and via email.
- Working with multiple IT systems to manage our payroll processes.
- Processing timesheets and inputting client amendments.
- Accurately importing and exporting large data files in payroll software.
- Chasing receipt of payroll information from clients on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to comply with tight deadlines.
- Supporting the Payroll Client Executive and credit control with admin support.
The person skills and key attributes that we are looking for are:
- Experience of working for a Recruitment / Payroll / Umbrella organisation in a timesheet processing environment
- Attention to detail with the highest degree of accuracy
- Excellent customer service and team working skills
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- Experience of dealing with large amounts of data
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Merit and/or In-Time back office systems
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are keen to start a new part time role close to Chester please apply to be considered for the shortlist. 1st stage interviews will be done over Microsoft teams with a follow up face to face meeting onsite.