Assistant Management Accountant
Heyland Recruitment are working alongside this specialist manufacturing business as they look to recruit an experienced and driven part qualified Management Accountant to join their head office finance team in Widnes. Despite the difficulties faced over the past year this business has managed a sustained period of growth and remain on target to record their record turnover for this financial year.
- Responsible for the accounts payable function
- Preparation and processing of month end journals – accruals, prepayments and re allocation of costs
- Month end stock reconciliation and cost of sales analysis
- Assist in the preparation and interrogation of monthly management accounts packs including financial statements, sales and overhead analysis and capital expenditure report.
- Assistance with weekly and monthly payroll processing
- Control of capital investment approval process including fixed asset register maintenance, depreciation calculation and reconciliation.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed monthly and investigate and resolve any variances.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, product costs and forecasts.
- Quarter end reporting to parent company
- Key involvement in year-end audit process, reporting and provision of information.
- Provide cover for other team members as and when required.
- Any other ad hoc analysis information requests to support the business.
- Studying CIMA/ACCA, including part qualified
- Experience within a similar position within Retail or Wholesale would be desirable but not essential
- Advanced Excel skills – vlookup / pivot tables
- Numerate with strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter, full of initiative and able to work autonomously
- Team player