Assistant Management Accountant
Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively alongside this market leading specialist services business as they look to recruit an ambitious and talented part qualified Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant to join their head office finance team.
The key duties of the role will revolve around fixed asset register maintenance and reporting. The role will require excellent communication skills as you’ll be in daily contact with Operational staff, Directors and other internal departments throughout the business. This role will help the Senior Finance Manager with the accounting for the Fixed Asset Register weekly and monthly reporting regarding the performance of the business and different asset categories. This is an excellent opportunity for a part qualified accountant to join a busy finance team.
- Fixed Asset Register Maintenance & Reconciliation
- Weekly reporting
- Month End and Board Pack reporting
- Stock count analysis and monthly postings to the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Supporting Operations with Queries
- Balance sheet reconciliations for Accruals and Prepayments
- Allocating Capital expenditure to the Fixed Asset register.
- Ad hoc reporting and requests
- Works within the team towards continuous improvement
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Part Qualified – Professional Accounting Qualification
- Proven working experience in a busy Accounts Team
- Proficient IT skills – Microsoft Excel (Essential), Access (Desireable) and PowerPoint (Desireable)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Pragmatic attitude to problem solving