Assistant Financial Accountant
Heyland Recruitment are working with this market leading specialist manufacturing organisation in their search for an Assistant Financial Accountant at their Runcorn site. The Assistant Financial Accountant will be required to support the Financial Controller and the wider finance team with ensuring that all reported finance information is timely, accurate and in line with reporting standards.
- Maintain and control the fixed asset ledger, inclusive of IFRS16 leased assets and associated general ledger accounts for applicable Legal entities to ensure all assets are correctly identified, valued, and reported.
- Act as the UK finance point of contact for all expense system related tasks and enquiries, advising on prevailing tax rules and regulations to ensure adherence.
- Using expense system and tax knowledge to assist in the preparation of the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement return
- Administer the SAP system, specifically but not limited to, managing the monthly general ledger opening and closing, the processing of revaluations jobs, managing the capital asset journey, in all cases ensuring financial systems and interfaces are reconciled.
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts and corporation tax packs.
- To act as a key point of contact for the annual external audit process and external tax agents for these entities.
- Prepare monthly input files for the financial reporting system.
Required Experience / Skills
- AAT qualified or equivalent with previous relevant experience
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced and demanding finance environment.
- A good understanding of financial reporting standards
- Previous experience working with SAP (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communicator across all levels
- Flexible working attitude with an ability to multitask.
- £33-35,000pa basic salary DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Holiday Purchase Scheme