Assistant Accountant – Credit Control
Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with this market leading business services organisation as they look to appoint an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their head office finance team in Manchester. The role will focus mainly on end to end Credit Control and you will be required to undertake all aspects of the credit control function as well as providing key assistance to the Finance Manager in wider finance functions. The company offers flexible working and this role will be a mix of office and home based work (2 days office 3 from home).
- Manage and maintain circa 50 AR accounts, including intercompany accounts.
- Responsibility for the maintenance and improvement of the credit control system and procedures.
- Assist in setup of new customers including D&B credit checks.
- Proactively ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner, meeting cash and debtor days targets.
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email letter or face to face meetings & maintain accurate records.
- Regular meetings with finance manager to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert risk.
- Resolve invoice queries and disputes. This will involve crafting sound knowledge of contracts, internal processes and liaising effectively with key stakeholders.
- Respond promptly and completely to both external and internal enquiries.
- Assist finance manager in management and monitoring of bad debt provision.
- Assist finance manager with AR & ad-hoc reporting/requests
- Deal with AR audit queries.
- Cash flow projections and reporting.
- Exchange rate monitoring and reporting.
- Review new vendor set ups on banking, provide AP cover where relevant.
- Collate account history/documentation for any relevant legal actions.
- Undertake account reconciliations where required.
- Post payment and credit allocations as required onto GL and AR reports, applying contras and ensuring relevant support is filed.
- Intercompany account management, control accounts, invoices and reconciliations.
- Assist in US GAAP 606 preparation.
- Collate and analyse with holdings tax certificates with desk top audits.
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to work autonomously with limited supervision.
- Strong communication skills via e-mail, instant messaging and telephone with colleagues across multiple locations.
- Ability to question processes and suggest process improvements.
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Experience working in a credit control role and accounting background.
- Experience of working with international markets and foreign currencies desirable.
- Good knowledge of double entry bookkeeping.
- Experience of credit control processes.
- Intermediate Excel skills..
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) desirable but not essential.