I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant join a fantastic business based in Deeside. As Assistant Accountant you will play a pivotal role in supporting the supplier funding process and provide insight, analysis and commentary aiming to drive decisions and actions that improve the bottom line.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Accountable for group supplier income including lumps sums, overriders agreements & promotional funding. Managing queries, carrying out the correct accounting entries to complete the reconciliation and understand the P&L ramifications. Improve communications with Suppliers.
• Ensure that a robust financial control environment is maintain within the team, evidenced by correct accounting procedures being complied with and periodic Balance Sheet account reconciliations being performed and timely reporting of risks/opportunities
• Lead point of contact for external audit on supplier income throughout the year. Follow up on identified risks and preparation for the annual audit
• Cross functional working with Trading team, IT and Loss prevention including periodic presentations of the financials.
• Continuous process improvement to improve accuracy, detail and timeliness of reporting & forecasting processes.
• Ad -hoc financial analysis:
o Support commercial decision making through ad hoc financial analysis on retail performance. Provide insightful analysis to maximise company profitability, which may include product analysis.
o Investigating & analysing the theoretical versus actual margin performance on a periodic basis.
o Cost saving consciousness, providing ideas and challenging the business where possible
Qualifications & Experience:
• AAT qualified, early stages ACCA/CIMA.
• Previous experience of working in accounts payable or receivable would be highly advantageous
• Highly organised, self-motivated team player with ability to work autonomously
• Desire to deliver change with commercial awareness & ability to add value.
• Strong Excel skills essential, SQL knowledge preferable but not essential.
• SAP experience would be advantageous.Excellent communication skills.
• Commercial awareness in a fast-paced manufacturing/FMCG environment
• A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
• 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
• Flexible working
• Retail discounts
• Free parking onsite
• Subsidised restaurant onsite
• Subsidised Costa onsite
• Discounted gym membership
• Charity fundraising events
• Educational sponsorship
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
• Long service awards
• Reward & recognition
• Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more.