I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant join a fantastic business based in Deeside. As Assistant Accountant you will play a pivotal role in supporting the supplier funding process and provide insight, analysis and commentary aiming to drive decisions and actions that improve the bottom line.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accountable for group supplier income including lumps sums, overriders agreements & promotional funding. Managing queries, carrying out the correct accounting entries to complete the reconciliation and understand the P&L ramifications. Improve communications with Suppliers.
- Ensure that a robust financial control environment is maintain within the team, evidenced by correct accounting procedures being complied with and periodic Balance Sheet account reconciliations being performed and timely reporting of risks/opportunities
- Lead point of contact for external audit on supplier income throughout the year. Follow up on identified risks and preparation for the annual audit
- Cross functional working with Trading team, IT and Loss prevention including periodic presentations of the financials.
- Continuous process improvement to improve accuracy, detail and timeliness of reporting & forecasting processes.
- Ad -hoc financial analysis:
- Support commercial decision making through ad hoc financial analysis on retail performance. Provide insightful analysis to maximise company profitability, which may include product analysis.
- Investigating & analysing the theoretical versus actual margin performance on a periodic basis.
- Cost saving consciousness, providing ideas and challenging the business where possible
Qualifications & Experience:
- AAT qualified, early stages ACCA/CIMA.
- Previous experience of working in accounts payable or receivable would be highly advantageous
- Highly organised, self-motivated team player with ability to work autonomously
- Desire to deliver change with commercial awareness & ability to add value.
- Strong Excel skills essential, SQL knowledge preferable but not essential.
- SAP experience would be advantageous.Excellent communication skills.
- Commercial awareness in a fast-paced manufacturing/FMCG environment
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working
- Retail discounts
- Free parking onsite
- Subsidised restaurant onsite
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more.