Heyland recruitment are working exclusively with this specialist retail organisation as they look to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a temp to perm basis to join their head office finance team in Wigan. The Assistant Accountant will be required to provide key support to the finance team including assisting with various processing tasks and playing a key role in the production of month end management accounts.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Assistant Accountant will undertake the following key responsibilities.
• Accountability for the reporting and accuracy of Balance Sheet Accounts.
• Assisting in the Month End Close Process
• Preparing and Posting Month End Journals into Navision
• Assisting in the Day to Day Transactional Processing within Navision
• Cash Book / Nominal Postings & Reconciliation
• Daily Cash Analysis for the Short Term Cash Flow
• Bank & Receivables Account Reconciliation
• Assisting with the preparation of audit files
• Credit Control – Contact with customers to ensure payment within terms
• Credit Checking new customers and liaising with Sales & Operations to advise on limits and terms
• Advising Sales & Operations on debtors who are overdue and should be put on hold
• Assistance and preparation of monthly Sales Ledger Control Account reconciliation to be provided to invoice discounting supplier.
• Assist with Purchase Ledger where necessary such as reconciliations, purchase payments, purchase invoice posting
• Assisting with VAT Returns
• Assisting in other areas of the finance team as and when required.
Required Attributes / Experience
• Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA / AAT
• Previous experience within a fast-paced accounts environment
• Excellent understanding of accounting principles (debits/credits)
• A self-starter able to work autonomously
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong Excel skills (pivot tables/v-lookups