Accounts Payable Manager
I am currently recruiting for an AP Manager to join an outstanding organisation in Chester enjoying impressive growth. An experience people manager, you will work closely with the Finance Manager across a range of projects in a fast-paced team.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage performance and development of your team. Collaboratively set and facilitate achievement of objectives and KPIs including Performance Reviews and creation of Development Plans.
- Provide development and coaching opportunities.
- Maintain a robust AP function by ensuring that there is back-up and cover for all tasks. E.g. using training matrices.
- Organise training and put in place periodic job rotation.
- Operate controls to ensure work volume and quality is of the required level.
- Create and foster a culture of Teamwork, Customer Focus and Continuous improvement
- Support month-end closing process where required. Act as conduit between AP and Accounting on senior AP matters
- Reporting & review of aging purchase ledger, clearing of debit balances, unallocated payments & any payments on hold
- Responsibility for the new supplier onboarding process including credit checks and bank detail verification
- Responsibility for and management of Travel & Expenses system ensuring compliance with T&E policy
- Support the implantation and testing of new system
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrably high level of expertise in a fast-paced, service industry purchase ledger role and experience of processing large payment runs to tight deadlines
- Extensive team Management/Supervision and organisational skills
- A High level of competency in SAP and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of Financial Accounting and management principles and processes
- Experience in multi-currency transactions and reconciliations
- AAT Qualified (desirable)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure with good time management skills
- Good stakeholder management and confidence to suggest new ideas and listen to needs
- Excellent communicator and ability to build and maintain relationships across the piece
- Salary negotiable up to £35k DOE
- Extensive benefits package including Death in Service and Private Healthcare
- Currently home-working due to COVID restrictions, flexible working in future