Accounts Payable Assistant
I am currently recruiting for my client who are based Birkenhead. They are looking to set up head office now in Birkenhead and centralise finance teams that had been sitting across 8 sites in UK. This is an exciting time to join the business and the company can offer generous salary and also hybrid working – 2/3 days week in office or home.
Purpose Of Role:
The Accounts Payable Assistant will work as part of a wider Finance Operations team to provide an accurate and efficient accounts payable ledger, expense ledger and refund and commission process for the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the accounts payable ledger is accurate and up to date at all times
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers, always projecting a professional image of the group
- Day to day management of the account’s payable mailbox
- Coding and posting purchase ledger invoices, expenses, and direct debits
- Responsible for obtaining authorisation for expenditure in line with the published delegation of authority
- Coordination, processing, and payment of commission payments, including posting onto SAP
- Coordination, processing, and payment of regular and ad-hoc payment runs, including posting payments onto SAP and Xero
- Processing Credit Card and Cash Expenses.
- Processing and payment of other ad hoc manual payments, including postings on SAP
- Accounts payable scanning, filing, and archiving
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Review supplier ledger frequently to ensure accounts are reconciled and debit balances investigated and dealt with
- Dealing with supplier and other purchase ledger queries
- Review of new suppliers and other changes to supplier master data
- Prepare and post monthly invoice, purchase order and debit balance accruals onto SAP
- Assist with preparation of monthly prepayments as required
- Production of aged creditor analysis and commentary
- Close of accounts payable ledger and perform sub-ledger to general ledger reconciliation
- Support audit process and annual accounts production as necessary
- Ensuring all processes and controls are documented and that sufficient controls are operated to ensure integrity of data and safeguarding of company assets.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Intermediate Excel skills are required
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience within purchase ledger essential
- Process improvement experience a distinct advantage
- SAP Business One knowledge essential
- Studying for recognized accounting qualification highly desirable
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are keen to find out more info please apply to be considered for the shortlist.
Type – permanent
location – Birkenhead
Salary – £24,000 – £28,000