Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively alongside this local market leader within a specialist engineering industry as they look to recruit an experienced Accounts Manager to oversee their growing Accounts Team at their Head Office on the outskirts of Warrington. The successful candidate will be an experienced all round Bookkeeper / Accountant with previous management or supervisory experience, you will play a key role in overseeing the day to day activities of the finance function whilst having an important input driving continuous improvements across the department.
- Managing and supervising Finance Department
- Liaising with Managing Director and General Manager to make sure that all the processes are in place.
- Maintaining and overseeing accounts software. This would include analysing financial data in order to pick up any patterns, errors and issues that may lead to poor practice.
- Liaising with Sales Team in relation to customers’ bad debts, e.g., putting customers on hold.
- Leading weekly aged debtors’ meetings with Credit Controller in order to plan money recovery.
- Producing accurately and timely financial information including all necessary reports.
- Liaising with external accountant to ensure that month end management accounts is completed correctly and within a timely manner.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends.
- Must have recent experience working in a similar role
- Ability to direct others and delegate tasks
- Understanding of how to take action and seek solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with many other teams or individuals to resolve financial issues
- Advanced mathematical abilities for compiling and analysing data
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (e.g., Word, Excel)
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 17:00
Benefits: 20 holidays + Bank Holidays, on-site free parking
Salary: £30,000 – £32,000
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends