Heyland Recruitment are currently working alongside an independently owned manufacturing business as they seek an experienced purchasing and accounts controller to join their finance team in Bolton.
They are looking for someone with a can-do attitude who is approachable and works well as part of a team. The right person will be forward thinking, good at managing business relationships and willing to learn and adapt accordingly to the changing needs of a family owned business.
Job description and roles:
- Purchasing responsibilities: purchase order processing, purchase invoicing, purchase ledger, negotiations of contracts, stock management, importing of raw materials.
- Accounts activities: payroll, monthly accounting, VAT management, Sales Ledger.
- Archiving and management of filing systems.
- An element of reporting.
- Supporting all functions; Sales, Production, Logistics, Technical and Finance.
- General office duties; including answering the phone, basic office administration, supporting Directors and senior members of staff.
Key skills required for the job include:
- Previous purchasing and accounts experience is essential
- IT literate, Excel / Word / Outlook/ Office 365.
- A strong negotiator and effective at managing key business relationships.
- Demonstrate strong organisational and multi-tasking skills with an attention to detail.
- Good work ethic, a team player who can also work autonomously.
- Be a good communicator with excellent telephone skills and a professional business attitude.