I am currently recruiting for my client who are based Chester. They have grown throughout the last year or so and as such are looking to bring onboard a finance assistant to join the finance team, assisting and reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller.
This position would suit an experienced finance / accounts assistant or someone who has 1-2 years’ experience on the ledgers and looking to continue this and gain experience within other areas of finance too. This is a great role for a developmental candidate who is looking to gain new skills and experience within most areas of finance. The company can provide study support for AAT and training can be provided on the areas that you might not yet have covered.
- Liaise with Project Managers/Financial Controller to gain all relevant information prior to raising PO’s.
- Completing all ‘checklist information’ and adding information to both ‘hard’ and electronic file e.g., Recharge, mark-up amount, client etc
- Raising PO to include all relevant information. Attaching quotes and any additional information prior to sending out to supplier as required.
- Liaising with supplier to obtain the necessary insurances.
- Managing and updating the ‘Register of Supplier Insurances’
- Logging all supplier invoices to the register
- Updating and checking all supplier invoices back to the PO Register to ensure they are billed to the agreed costs.
- Obtaining the necessary authorising signature where appropriate
- Establish ‘mark-up’ to client and advising Sales Ledger to ensure the corresponding SL invoice is raised.
- Coding and adding to SAGE once authorising signature received and adding a copy to the PL files and projects files (electronic)
- Liaising with supplier/project manager for all ‘disputed’ invoices to ensure these are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of all supplier invoices to the SAGE Purchase Ledger and obtaining copies/advising clients of disputes.
- Answering telephone and dealing with all calls relevant to PL
- Advising FC of all overdue payments ahead of the twice monthly payment runs
- Liaising with credit controller and providing the following support when needed
- Processing Sales Invoices
- Updating ledger following bank payments
- Working with the FC to produce the Month End Finance Pack
- Analysis of expenditure
- Accruals & Prepayments – preparation of journals for input to SAGE
Requirements & Experience
Ideally 1-2 years’ experience within Finance
Already studying AAT/wants to start.
Flexible, computer literate
Good command of Excel
Prior knowledge of SAGE
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are looking to start a new finance role please apply to find out full details.