I am currently recruiting for my client who are based near to Chester. They are looking to recruit a new accounts assistant position, within the finance team, due to growth. This company have gone from strength to strength recently and this is set to continue. The role will support the finance manager and may suit somebody who is a recent finance graduate, or somebody studying towards their AAT qualification and looking to gain experience, whilst developing a successful career within finance.
This really is a great opportunity for a high calibre junior finance candidate to join a forward thinking, dynamic business with ambitious growth plans ahead.
To have an integral role within the finance team, responsible for assisting in the day to day coordination and delivery of internal finance activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Control the purchasing process including placing purchase orders with suppliers
- Processing purchase invoices and posting to finance software
- Processing sales invoices on different operating systems and reconciling for posting to internal software
- Credit control including chasing customers for payment
- Bank posting and reconciliations
- Processing staff expenses and mileage forms
- Answering daily communications and queries from suppliers and customers
- Assisting the Finance Manager with collating payroll information
- Assisting the Finance Manager with collating relevant reports and information for month end accounting process
- To focus on achieving individual and team objectives
- To work positively and communicate professionally across the team, providing an effective contribution to work tasks
- To manage your own personal development and provide opportunities for career development within the business
Education / Qualification / Experience
- Previous experience in accounts preferred but not necessary
- Experience working in a professional environment
Job Specific Skills
- Be computer-literate
- Have experience of using Microsoft Office (predominantly Excel & Word)
- Experience in using finance packages, predominantly Xero
- Have a high standard of spelling, grammar & punctuation
- Be able to plan and organise workload
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to solve problems
- Be able to learn quickly
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Self-motivated / follows initiative
- Positive & enthusiastic
- Professional & driven to succeed
If this sounds like your ideal first role in finance, or indeed like the sort of place you want to further develop your career, please apply to find out full details and to be considered for the shortlist.