I am currently recruiting for my client who is based Chester business park, however after probationary period hybrid work model can be introduced with a few days / week being worked from home. They are looking for an accounts assistant to join the team on a permanent basis. Ideally studying AAT you will also have a few years accounting experience under your belt and keen to develop your career. AAT study support can be offered to the successful applicant, as well as continued funding for any additional qualifications.
- The Accounts Assistant role is responsible for ensuring all required entries are recorded accurately. This includes completing daily Pay tasks, bank reconciliations and sending payment files. Other duties will include ensuring that all third party balances, cashbooks and suspense accounts are kept up to date, investigating queries involving reconciliation differences, daily reporting and other ad hoc duties.
- The role also has responsibility for Accounts Payable tasks and related cost accounting entries.
- It is intended for this role to develop over time and as relevant accounting qualifications are completed.
- Dealing with daily customer transactions including; unwinding new loans, closing customer accounts, account transfers (arrears/fees) and settling customer accounts
- Posting customer Debit Card and third party payments
- Ensure daily intercompany and control account reconciliations are updated
- Posting Debt Management/Collection payments
- Post cheque payments
- Processing authorised purchase orders and supplier invoices to accounting system
- Supporting the Finance team in their preparation of month end and year end accounts and any associated reporting requirements
- Ad-hoc reporting as and when required
- Analytical and logical approach to tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Strong numeracy skills
- IT literacy skills, mostly in excel
Working hours – 9am – 5pm
Salary banding – £19,000 – £26,000
Type – permanent
Location – Chester
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are keen to find out more please apply to be considered for the shortlist.