Business Systems Analyst
I am currently recruiting for a Business Systems Analyst to join an impressive organisation in Conwy. Due to internal promotion you will be joining as the organisation embarks on some exciting projects which will help shape the future of the company.
Duties will include:
- Support the Systems Manager in the development and delivery of the ICT strategy to ensure the business has the necessary ICT Systems to provide a flexible platform for future development.
- Develop specifications and participate in system evaluations in order to identify solutions and services that are fit for purpose, can make a positive contribution to the business, and represent best value.
- Lead implementation projects for new services, equipment, systems or enhancements. Completing relevant documentation where applicable.
- Engage with all end users to develop and understand business processes and capture changing business requirements. Undertaking process re-engineering to improve business performance and support in identifying suppliers to meet these needs.
- Develop test plans and co-ordinate testing of new systems, enhancements and upgrades, updating system and end user guides, adopting full version control for all documentation.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to Business System support calls, using multiple tools and resources to investigate the cause and document actions taken to rectify.
- Install and test corrective programs received from providers ensuring change control procedures are observed at all times.
- Identify any requirements for change to security levels that will improve efficiency or ensure appropriate separation of duties and compliance with approved authorities’ matrix.
- Support, develop and maintain user guides and suitable training material for posts across the Business.
- Act as a System Administrator on management information systems, controlling user access in accordance with ICT Policy.
- Develop, amend or prepare management information reports to assist with the Organisation’s decision making.
- Undertake essential routine maintenance and tasks to ensure business systems are running at peak performance.
- Participate in IT disaster recovery testing.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant further/higher education computing qualification or equivalent experience (Essential)
- Degree within a relevant discipline (e.g. Computing, Business Systems or Management Science) (Desirable)
- Extensive expertise / experience leading the successful implementation and support, at a technical level, of critical business systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Operating Systems and Database configuration and management, to include Windows Desktop and Server Environments.
- Experience of effectively supporting end users at all levels in an organisation.
- Extensive knowledge (Advanced user and Troubleshooting) of the Microsoft 365 suite of products – including Teams, Sharepoint, Office.
- Extensive experience of implementing and technical support in one or more of the following areas:
- Core Business Systems
- Mobile Working Solutions
- Reporting Systems (IE PowerBI, SSRS)
- CRM / Customer Management Systems
- Use of query/report writing tools to develop complex management information reports across multiple databases, e.g. PowerBI, SSRS.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving in order to provide solutions to Business System support calls, using multiple tools and resources to investigate the cause and document actions taken to rectify.
- Salary banding £29-33k
- 25 days’ holiday plus statutory rising with experience
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Extensive benefits package in place