I am currently recruiting for my client who are based Chester. They are looking for a finance officer, focusing on purchase ledger, to join the finance team on a permanent basis. The role will be working alongside another finance officer and reporting into finance manager.
The role would suit someone at the start of their career and looking to gain experience in a finance role as training can be provided, or an experienced purchase ledger clerk looking for a stable business who can offer great salary and flexibility on hours / home working.
- Maintain an effective purchase ledger system ensuring that invoices and employee expense claims are processed in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate supplier records and manage scheduled BACS payments.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, and work with their line manger to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide support and cover to other members of the Finance team as is reasonably required.
- Record invoices through the purchase and nominal ledgers ensuring they are posted to correct supplier.
- Obtain appropriate authorisation prior to processing invoices
- Send unapproved invoices report to managers, monitor the level of unapproved invoices and/or invoices on hold, and escalate to line managers as appropriate to keep these to a minimum.
- Responsible for ensuring that the coding of invoices is consistent with the information requested by the wider finance team (or other users of the data e.g budget holders).
- Liaise with suppliers and managers over queries about invoices, coding and payment of invoices, providing advice and guidance as required.
- Process employee and Board members expenses on a weekly basis.
- Post direct debit payments to the purchase ledger, ensuring that they are correctly allocated.
- Provide information to the Treasury team for use in cash flow monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure that all calculations and assumptions are linked to supporting workings and appropriate source of information, for example when completing statement reconciliations, journal entries and account allocations.
The role is busy and communication will be key with members of the team and the wider business. Training can be provided and initially the role will more than likely be 2-3 days / week in the office and then, from there, could be full flexible / hybrid working to suit the successful candidate and inline with business needs.
Hours are an attractive 35 / week and a generous salary, so if you are looking for your next move please apply, as this really is a great opportunity within a business where hard work is noted and rewarded.